Kill the pesky weeds around your home the natural way.
Try a DIY Weed Killer that is natural and safe for you, your children, pets and the environment! Most of the ingredients you already have at home: vinegar, essential oils and dish soap.
This is the perfect solution for weeds growing in the cracks of your patio, in and around the driveway and outside of entryways. Anywhere where you don't want them!
The process is super simple, here's how:
1. Grab an empty spray bottle, watering can or even a bucket if you have a large area.
2. Add one Tbsp of dish soap to every 2 litres / 9 cups of water. This does not have to be measured, just add some dish soap.
3. Now for the Essential Oils. We add 15 drops of both Clove and Peppermint Essential Oils as they are both amazing for killing weeds.
4. Optional: If you're short on Vinegar, use 3/4 the vinegar and top it up with warm water, it should be effective as well.
5. Mix your Natural Weed Killing formula up well. The essential oils generally float on the top, so shake it up every few minutes.
6. Time to head outside and attach those weeds! Spray in the crevices of patio stones, on driveway, outside of entryways. Everywhere except near plants you love.
7. Wait! You'll see the smaller weeds wither in a few hours. You won't see change in the dandelions and other deeply rooted plants for hours or the next day.
Essential Oils for Weeds & Pests:
- Clove is one of the best and most effective essential oils to use for killing weeds because of the high content of eugenol.
- Other essential oils can be added or substituted for the benefit of keeping insects away. Oils like Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Lavender & Rosemary are all good choices.
A Word About Salt
- Salt is amazingly effective at killing weeds. The problem is that it makes the soil around it infertile for years afterwards. In fact salting the land of enemies used to be part of tribal warfare.
- We don't recommend using salt as part of your weed killing solution. The only time it would be applicable would be using it on a driveway where land fertility isn't an issue.
So now you have all the knowledge and recipes for getting rid of the plants you don't want, without damaging the beautiful ones or the earth.
Please feel free to ask any questions or leave comments.